Assistant Branch Manager – Burlington, VT Branch
Assistant Branch Manager
S. G. Torrice is looking to expand our team. We are looking for a results-driven Assistant Branch Manager at our Burlington, VT location to help enhance the customer experience. This position requires organizational skills, customer relations expertise and the ability to work under pressure.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- • Together with the Branch Manager, helps to oversee customer service, sales and branch profitability
- • Manages customer orders by phone or at the counter and ensures customer order fulfillment accuracy
- • Picks customer orders for pick up or delivery and schedules deliveries
- • Processes cash and credit card sales and assists in reconciling the cash box
- • Ensures that daily orders are invoiced appropriately
- • Processes warranty claims
- • Schedules production of (or makes) sheet metal shopwork and custom filters (training available)
- • Together with the Branch Manager ensures appropriate branch inventory levels, either through vendor orders or branch transfers, to meet anticipated sales needs
- • Receives product from vendors or branch transfers
- • Helps to maintain buildings & grounds
- • Keeps warehouse clean, safe and organized
- • Controls branch costs by minimizing utility usage and focusing on cost-saving opportunities
- • Maintains branch security
- • Conducts inventory cycle counts
- • Assist and supports sales teams
- • Provides basic technical support, parts ID and parts ordering assistance
- • Promotes specials/sales & marketing plans/training
- • Helps to maintain and refresh counter and showroom displays
Qualifications of Position
- • High School Diploma/GED required
- • Associate degree or equivalent from a technical school and 6 months to 1 year of related experience/training preferred.
- • Intermediate language skills. Able to read and interpret documents such as technical procedures and operating and maintenance instructions and safety rules. Able to write routine reports and correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be able to speak, write and read fluent English.
- • Basic/Intermediate mathematical skills. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- • Intermediate reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- • Strong computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s computer system, Eclipse by Epicor, including order processing and inventory queries; must be comfortable using the internet and accessing manufacturers’ websites for product information (American Standard Dealernet; Trane Comfort site; Cats; Pride; Falcon; TOPPS), must be able to use Microsoft Office software suite.
- • Must be authorized to work in the United States and maintain a valid US driver’s license and forklift certification.
- • Must be able to travel between branches as required.
- • Must be able to multitask and work at a fast pace.
- • Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required
Education and/or Experience
- • Customer Service Skills: Individual is highly detail oriented. Individual responds promptly and professionally to customer requests for assistance/service, solicits customer feedback to improve service, meets commitments made to customers. Individual must be able to manage difficult/emotional customer situations.
- • Analytical/Problem Solving Skills: Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrates strong attention to detail. Works well independently and in group problem solving situations. Resolves problems in a timely fashion; develops alternative solutions, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics/customers.
- • Interpersonal/Oral/Written Communication Skills: Listens without interruption and gets clarification when needed, focuses on solving conflict not blaming, maintains confidentiality, keeps emotions under control. Speaks clearly, gets clarification when needed, responds well to questions. Remains open to others’ ideas and willing to learn new things. Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar. Able to read and interpret written information. Able to work independently with little supervision. Able to manage and mentor branch employees in a positive, constructive manner.
- • Teamwork/Organizational Support/Professionalism: Open to other’s views, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed, contributes to a positive team spirit, welcomes feedback, supports other empolyees’ and company’s efforts to succeed; follows company policies, competes organizational tasks on time, supports company’s goals as stated in company vision statement, adheres to company safety policies, approaches others tactfully, dresses professionally, treats company property respectfully.
- • Appropriate Quality/Quantity of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, completes work in a timely manner and notifies appropriate person when goals cannot be met, works quickly, uses time efficiently.
- • Ethics/Self Management: Treats people with respect regardless of their status, shows respect for cultural differences, keeps commitments, works with integrity, inspires trust of others, accepts responsibility for own actions, is consistently at work and on time, arrives at meetings on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction takes responsibility for own actions, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
About S. G. Torrice
The S. G. Torrice Company is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with eleven locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S.G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S.G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.