Branch Manager – Auburn, MA Branch
S. G. Torrice Company is currently seeking a Branch Manager to join our team. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, the Branch Manager will lead and manage all aspects of Branch performance with an emphasis on growth, and profitability.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- • Directs all operational aspects of the branch, including customer service, sales and finance
- • Schedule, prioritize and supervise the daily activities of branch employees to align with corporate policies, procedures and goals
- • Manages inventory, including warehouse and showroom locations
- • Implements and maintains company-wide sales strategies
- • Coordinate customer orders and manage pickup and delivery schedule
- • Process cash and credit card sales and reconcile cash box
- • Update sales orders to invoice status daily
- • Process American Standard/Trane warranty parts claims on Falcon
- • Hire, review and manage branch employees in conjunction with HR
- • Receive product from vendors or via branch transfers
- • Maintain buildings and grounds including any tenant spaces, keeping warehouse in a clean, safe and organized condition
- • Control branch costs by minimizing utility usage, limiting overtime and directing preventive maintenance of company equipment
- • Maintain branch security
Qualifications of Position
- • Bachelor’s degree or several years of related experience and training
- • Local knowledge of the area highly desired
- • Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of management and employees
- • Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- • Ability to interpret documents such as technical procedures and operating and maintenance instructions and safety rules
- • Strong mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume; able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Must be proactive with a high level of responsiveness to customer requests
- • Strong leadership skills, ability to work well within a team, organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- • Must possess strong computer and internet skills and be capable of learning the company’s customer system, eclipse, including order processing and inventory queries; must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- • Must maintain a valid US driver’s license and forklift certification and be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches as required
- • Must commit to adherence, modeling and being a champion of the Company’s Core Values of “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”
About S. G. Torrice
The S. G. Torrice Company is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with eleven locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S.G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S.G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.