Counter Sales Representative
Counter Sales Representative
S. G. Torrice Company
S. G. Torrice is currently seeking a Counter Sales Representative to join their team in Wilmington. This position is primarily responsible for fulfilling customer orders in a timely and accurate fashion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Takes customer orders, either over the phone or at the counter from walk in customers.
- Writes up and picks orders for customer pick up.
- Provides basic sales support to customers.
- Picks orders for delivery or transfer to other branches.
- Assists warehouse staff in putting away incoming vendor shipments, branch transfers, and customer returns.
- Performs parts lookup using manufacturer’s software.
- Ships and tracks orders.
- Assists at semi-annual physical inventories.
- Cycle counts inventory.
- Generates branch transfers – orders stock from other branches.
- Makes local deliveries as necessary.
- Performs basic cleaning/maintenance/fabrication tasks including, but not limited to: stocking counter shelves, cleaning warehouse, shoveling snow, repairing damaged equipment, fabrication of filters and ducts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in HVAC or plumbing trades.
- Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be fluent in English.
- Basic mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Basic reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Basic computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, SHIMS, and American Standard parts lookup software.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and maintain a valid US drivers license.
- Must be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches and job sites as required.
- Must obtain forklift certification.
- Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required.
- Must commit to adherence, modeling and being a champion of the Company’s Core Values of “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”.
ABOUT S. G. TORRICE
The S. G. Torrice Company is a full-service distributor of heating and cooling equipment and parts. With nine warehouses in operation in several locations across MA including Boston, Wilmington, Peabody, Franklin, Hyannis, Randolph, as well as Hudson, NH, Portsmouth, NH and Providence, RI, the company features an Indoor Air Quality division that specializes in both residential and commercial IAQ products. In addition to its warehouses, S. G. Torrice operates a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at their Wilmington location which features the latest in technology, enabling them to meet all of their customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S. G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S. G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S. G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.