Counter Sales Representative – Peabody, MA Branch
Counter Sales Representative
S. G. Torrice is currently seeking a Counter Sales Representative to join their team. This position is primarily responsible for fulfilling customer orders in a timely and accurate fashion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Take customer orders, either over the phone or at the counter from walk in customers.
• Write up and pick orders for customer pick up.
• Provide basic sales support to customers.
• Pick orders for delivery or transfer to other branches.
• Assist warehouse staff in putting away incoming vendor shipments, branch transfers, and customer returns.
• Perform parts lookup using manufacturer’s software.
• Ship and track orders.
• Assist at semi-annual physical inventories.
• Cycle counts inventory.
• Generate branch transfers – orders stock from other branches.
• Make local deliveries as necessary.
• Perform basic cleaning/maintenance/fabrication tasks including, but not limited to: stocking counter shelves, cleaning warehouse, shoveling snow, repairing damaged equipment, fabrication of filters and ducts as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Must have minimum of 3 years experience in HVAC or plumbing trades.
• Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be fluent in English.
• Basic mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Basic reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
• Basic computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, Eclipse, and American Standard/Trane parts lookup software.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and maintain a valid US drivers license.
• Must be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches and job sites as required.
• Must obtain forklift certification
• Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required
ABOUT S.G. TORRICE
S. G. Torrice is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with 12 locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S. G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S. G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.