HVAC Technical Support Representative – Wilmington, MA Branch
HVAC Technical Support Representative
S. G. Torrice is currently seeking an HVAC Technical Support Representative to join their team. This position is primarily responsible for resolving customer technical issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Assist dealers in troubleshooting service and installation problems
• Assist dealers with parts identification
• Maintain daily call log of customer interactions
• Assist branch staff with set up of, and provide training and support on, Ingersoll Rand’s CATS parts ID, Oracle12 order management, and WMS warranty claims systems
• Place parts orders on an urgent/emergency basis for dealers and branches
• Manage, or assist in the management, of vendor product recalls or reworks
• Participate in vendor sponsored training to retain technical proficiency with current and new products
• File American Standard/Trane labor concession, warranty parts and freight claims through the WMS warranty claims system
• Follow up on warranty claims to ensure vendors remit credits and dealers receive credit
• Provide outside field service customer support on job sites
• Provide support for outside TMs and branches for all equipment parts
• Assist in teaching training classes
• Assist at physical inventories
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Minimum of 5 years field or technical support experience.
• Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be fluent in English.
• Basic mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Basic reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
• Intermediate computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, SHIMS, and various manufacturers’ parts lookup software. Individual should also be comfortable with Microsoft Office software.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Must be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches and job sites as required.
• Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required. Hours to be determined by manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Customer Service Skills: Individual is highly detail oriented. Individual responds promptly and professionally to customer requests for assistance/service, solicits customer feedback to improve service, meets commitments made to customers. Individual must be able to manage difficult/emotional customer situations.
• Analytical/Problem Solving Skills: Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrates strong attention to detail. Works well independently and in group problem solving situations. Resolves problems in a timely fashion; develops alternative solutions, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics/customers.
• Interpersonal/Oral/Written Communication Skills: Listens without interruption and gets clarification when needed, focuses on solving conflict not blaming, maintains confidentiality, keeps emotions under control. Speaks clearly, responds well to questions. Remains open to others’ ideas and willing to learn new things. Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar. Able to read and interpret written information. Able to work independently with little supervision.
• Teamwork/Organizational Support/Professionalism: Balances team and individual responsibilities, open to other’s views, welcomes feedback, supports other employees’ and company’s efforts to succeed; follows company policies, competes organizational tasks on time, supports company’s goals as stated in company vision statement, adheres to company safety policies, approaches others tactfully, treats others respectfully, dresses professionally, treats company property respectfully.
• Appropriate Quality/Quantity of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, completes work in a timely manner and notifies appropriate person when goals cannot be met, works quickly, uses time efficiently.
• Ethics: Treats people with respect regardless of their status, shows respect for cultural differences, keeps commitments, works with integrity, inspires trust of others, accepts responsibility for own actions, is consistently at work and on time, arrives at meetings on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction takes responsibility for own actions, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
ABOUT S.G. TORRICE
S. G. Torrice is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with 12 locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S. G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S. G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.