Marketing Assistant – Wilmington, MA Branch
S. G. Torrice Company is currently seeking an experienced Marketing Assistant to join their marketing team in Wilmington, MA. The Marketing Assistant will work closely under the guidance of the Marketing Manager and be primarily responsible for supporting the efforts of the Advertising, Marketing, and Sales Departments. The successful candidate will be a proactive, creative, driven, and a hands-on candidate with strong computer skills. In addition, the candidate will support and work closely with the sales team to support company growth goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Subject matter expert for manufacturer co-operative advertising programs.
• Manage co-op program from processing pre-approval requests, claim submissions, and credit processing.
• Maintain co-operative advertising database for co-op claim tracking and credit reconciliation.
• Submit monthly co-op reporting to CRM for sales team visibility.
• Work with the sales team and customers and assist with various program inquiries.
• Manage the billing and credit processing related to elite dealer programs.
• Compile and maintain customer email list, customer mailing list and segmentation.
• Oversee dealer inquiries on product registration and resolve registration issues with manufacturers.
• Assist sales and marketing team in the planning, organization, execution of events including dealer appreciation days, dealer trips, dealer trainings and other corporate events.
• Create and prepare sales literature and presentations.
• Maintain an inventory of promotional products, branded clothing, and sales support materials.
• Assist in creation and content of company newsletter.
• Work with Marketing Manager to provide customers, and branch and sales personnel with information regarding new products via print, mail, email, and website as required.
• Assist with the research and development of leads for sales team.
• Communicate directly with customers and encourage trusting relationships
• Support the Marketing Department with various activities, administrative functions, reporting and projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field preferred
• 2-4 years’ experience in Marketing, Administrative or similar role
• Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office applications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and to complete projects on time
• Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and the ability to work well with all levels of management and employees
• Must maintain a valid US driver’s license and be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches as required
• Must commit to adherence, modeling and being a champion of the Company’s Core Values of “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”
ABOUT S.G. TORRICE
S. G. Torrice Company is a full-service distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts, and accessories serving residential and commercial HVAC contractors since 1958. With 14 branches in operation across MA including Wilmington, Boston, Hyannis, Mansfield, Marlborough, Peabody, Randolph, as well as Hudson, NH, Manchester, NH, Portsmouth, NH, Providence, RI, Westbrook, ME, and Williston, VT the company offers exceptional products and extraordinary support. In addition to its branches, S. G. Torrice operates a 25,000-square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at their Wilmington location which features the latest in technology, enabling them to meet all their customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S. G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success, and they provide a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
S. G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S. G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.