Parts Support Representative
Parts Support Representative
S. G. Torrice Company
The S. G. Torrice Company is currently seeking a Parts Support Representative who will be primarily responsible for assisting customers with parts and warranty questions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- • Take customer parts orders, either over the phone or at the counter from walk in customers, and generates pick tickets.
- • Assist dealers with parts identification, availability, and pricing
- • Replenish Service First showroom stock on a daily basis. Maintains showroom area in a neat, organized, and visually appealing condition.
- • Assist counter staff with general counter sales and service as required
- • Ensure that all orders to be shipped via UPS have been processed by end of day
- • Receive (checks in) American Standard/Trane parts orders and puts away incoming product
- • Keep warehouse parts area in an orderly fashion (parts clearly marked, in order, shelves clean)
- • Maintain daily call log book
- • Place stock and non-stock parts orders and monitors shipping/delivery status
- • File American Standard/Trane warranty parts claims through the Falcon claims system
- • File American Standard/Trane retrofit labor claims through the Falcon claim system
- • Process non-American Standard/Trane warranty claims for all company locations (responds to customer call, collects necessary information and parts, completes necessary paperwork and returns warranty part to vendor).
- • Follow up on warranty claims to ensure vendors remit credits and dealer receives credit
- • File freight claims for loss/damage of American Standard/Trane parts through the Falcon claims system
- • Prepare physical inventories and perform cycle counts
- • Perform heat loss/gain calculations using Wrightsoft load calculation software
- • Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
- • High School Diploma required; minimum 2 years’ experience with HVAC systems and components
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office and the ability to conduct internet research
- • Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be fluent in English.
- • Basic mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- • Basic reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- • Intermediate computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, SHIMS, and various manufacturers’ parts lookup
- • Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required. Hours to be determined by manager.
- • Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., maintain a valid US driver’s license and be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches as required
- • Must commit to adherence, modeling and being a champion of the Company’s Core Values of “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”
ABOUT S. G. TORRICE
The S. G. Torrice Company is a full-service distributor of heating and cooling equipment and parts. With nine warehouses in operation in several locations across MA including Boston, Wilmington, Peabody, Franklin, Hyannis, Randolph, as well as Hudson, NH, Portsmouth, NH and Providence, RI, the company features an Indoor Air Quality division that specializes in both residential and commercial IAQ products. In addition to its warehouses, S. G. Torrice operates a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at their Wilmington location which features the latest in technology, enabling them to meet all of their customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S. G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S. G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S. G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.