This position is accountable for ensuring the accuracy of incoming vendor
shipments and branch transfers into the Wilmington warehouse.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Verifies that the contents of incoming vendor shipments are in accordance with carrier’s freight bill. All shortages or damages are noted on freight bill at time of delivery.
• Files claims against vendors/freight carriers as necessary to recoup losses from shortage or damage
• Follows up on overdue claims
• Co-ordinates with warehouse manager and his staff to segregate incoming shipments from general inventory until they can be checked
• Checks incoming vendor shipments and branch transfers to verify shipment accuracy
• Notifies warehouse manager and his staff when shipments have been checked in and are available be put away in general inventory
• Notifies vendor, A/P, and purchasing of any discrepancies on vendor shipments
• Processes branch transfer paperwork
• Reconciles vendor packing lists against purchase orders
• Generates receiving reports for incoming product, and matches receiving reports with packing lists for A/P
• Notifies customers via fax or email of the arrival of special order items
• Creates, implements, and maintains a process flow for all shipping documents to ensure that they are not lost or misplaced.
• Assists and instructs branch personnel in proper receiving procedure and methodology
• Performs cycle counts in order to maintain accurate computer inventory
• Assists at semi-annual physical inventories
• Other duties as assigned by VP Operations
• Customer Service Skills: Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service/assistance, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, solicits customer feedback to improve service, meets commitments.
• Analytical/Problem Solving Skills: Must demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail. Able to comprehend diverse information and use intuition and experience to interpret data and generate creative solutions. Resolves problems in a timely fashion; develops alternative solutions, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics/customers.
• Interpersonal/Oral Communication Skills: Listens without interruption, focuses on solving conflict not blaming, maintains confidentiality (i.e., pulls customer aside to discuss credit issues privately), keeps emotions under control. Speaks clearly, gets clarification when needed, responds well to questions.
• Teamwork/Organizational Support/Professionalism: Balances team and individual responsibilities, open to other’s views, welcomes feedback, supports other empolyees’ and company’s efforts to succeed; follows company policies, competes organizational tasks on time, supports company’s goals as stated in company vision statement, adheres to company safety policies, approaches others tactfully, treats others respectfully, dresses professionally, treats company property respectfully.
• Appropriate Quality/Quantity of Work: Demonstrates accuracy, monitors own work to ensure quality, completes work in a timely manner, works quickly.
• Ethics: Treats people with respect, shows respect for cultural differences, keeps commitments, works with integrity, inspires trust of others.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in a comparable position.
• Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff.
• Basic mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Basic reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
• Basic computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, SHIMS, and American Standard parts lookup software
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Must be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches and job sites as required.
• Must obtain forklift certification
• Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required
ABOUT S.G. TORRICE
S. G. Torrice is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with 12 locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S. G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S. G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.