Territory Manager – Rhode Island
The S.G. Torrice Company is currently seeking a Territory Manager to join our team in New England, reporting directly to the Field Sales Manager. Responsible for all functions relating to developing new business and growing existing customer base to ensure maximum account penetration and customer retention. The Territory Manager will be primarily on the road calling on current customers as well as prospects, a total of approximately 80 assigned accounts covering the various territories within New England.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- • Develop strong working relationships within all levels of existing customers through consultative sales approach.
- • Work closely with Field Sales Manager to develop new customer base and increase upsell opportunities with existing customers for maximum growth.
- • Plan and forecast for territory growth.
- • Prospect, conduct professional/intentional sales calls and follow-up.
- • Manage opportunity tracking and reporting.
- • Educate customers/prospects about company products and offerings.
- • Act as a Business consultant for customers.
- • Understand territory competition.
- • Promote and facilitate Business, Sales & Technical Training for customers.
- • Responsible for meeting sales and profit targets.
- • Responsible for the timely resolution of customer requests.
- • Support the company’s credit and collection efforts by working closely with customers to resolve issues and facilitate the timely collection of receivables due.
- • Ensure 100% customer satisfaction with a high level of responsiveness to all client inquiries.
Qualifications of Position
- • One-year certificate from college or technical school or 3 to 6 months related experience required.
- • Strong communication skills and the ability to establish positive customer relationships is extremely important; must be able to present information and respond to customer questions.
- • Demonstrated competency in consultative, relationship, listening, and selling skills.
- • Demonstrated proficiency in business and problem-solving skills.
- • Must be proactive with a high level of responsiveness to customer requests.
- • Strong leadership skills, ability to work well within a team, organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- • Must maintain a thorough knowledge of all products and services offered by the company.
- • Must have effective Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook for optimum data and time management.
- • Must be capable of learning the company’s customer system, Eclipse, including order processing and inventory queries, and be able to use the internet to access manufacturer’s websites for product information.
- • Must maintain a valid US drivers license and be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches as required.
- • Ability to read and interpret blueprints and written specifications is a plus.
- • Must commit to adherence, modeling and being a champion of the Company’s Core Values of Respect, Whatever it Takes, Attention to Detail, Continuous State of Self Improvement, and a Sense of Urgency.
About The S. G. Torrice Company
The S. G. Torrice Company is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with eleven locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S.G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S.G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.