Training & Technical Support Manager – Wilmington, MA Branch
Training & Technical Support Manager
The Training and Technical Support Manager will primarily be responsible for managing a team focused on technical support for customers, staff and external users of all American Standard, Trane and Mitsubishi HVAC products. The Training and Technical Support Manager will also be responsible for assisting with installation and commissioning questions, helping to diagnose/troubleshoot equipment issues, answer product related inquiries, providing service/product training, etc.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Manage and coach a team of professionals to ensure industry leading technical customer support services
• Answer field technical inquiries via phone or email on product related issues and document these inquiries in a professional and consistent manner; coordination of onsite visits may be required
• Perform and/or assign Field Support Services as required to resolve escalated issues more efficiently
• Perform analysis of training needs for our partners and internal employees
• Develop training curriculum, training aids, and manuals
• Schedule and/or deliver training in a variety of formats (e.g., Instructor Led, Webinar, etc.) in a compelling and professional manner
• Engage with manufacturers and vendors as required to ensure that issues are being address at all levels
• Manage vendor warranty parts claim process
• Manage customer claims around labor, equipment replacement, and vendor recalls
• Develop and maintain suggested replacement parts stocking lists
• Focus on new techniques, new technology and research; stay informed, know the industry, and what is on the horizon
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• 7 – 10 years’ specialized training and knowledge in HVAC industry with real world experiencing service, troubleshooting, and installation of HVAC equipment
• Must have a deep technical understanding of the refrigeration cycle, components, etc.
• Experience researching information and preparing communications
• Experience in fast paced call center environment, including data entry, word processing, spreadsheets and software
• Ability to review requirements documents, system prototypes, etc., to determine appropriate training content and materials for a system that is currently under development
• Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects
• Experience with a variety of training delivery methods and training development
• Demonstrated competency in both oral and written modes for internal and external personnel at all levels
• Work independently and in a team environment to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames
ABOUT S.G. TORRICE
The S. G. Torrice Company is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with eleven locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S.G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S.G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.