Truck Driver – Branch
Various Locations Throughout New England
PRINICIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- • Maintains truck mileage and repair log
- • Performs routine check of truck for safety daily
- • Pulls orders, palletizes orders and places orders on delivery truck
- • Checks customer orders prior to departing S.G. Torrice to ensure accuracy
- • Delivers orders to customer job site or shop and collects signed slips when able
- • Notifies manager of any damages or discrepancies on orders
- • Logs any returned items using return receipt forms and ensures that returned stock is appropriately accounted for
- • Notifies branch manager immediately of any injuries to themselves, accidents to themselves or others, or damaged deliveries
- • Takes customer orders either over the phone or at the counter from walk in customers
- • Sells accessories and provides basic sales support to customers
- • Bills orders for walk in customers
- • Unloads manufacturer’s delivery trucks, checks accuracy of packing slips and puts the stock away correctly when necessary.
- • Helps customers load trucks when necessary.
- • Assists with semi annual inventory
- • Performs basic cleaning/maintenance/fabrication tasks such as: cleaning warehouse, shoveling snow, stocking counter shelves, repairing damaged equipment, fabrication of filters and ducts as needed.
- • May be responsible for opening/closing the branch
- • Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
- • No prior experience or training required.
- • Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be fluent in English.
- • Basic mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- • Basic reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions. Must be able to read and understand maps and written directions.
- • Basic computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, Eclipse.
- • Must be authorized to work in the United States and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- • Must maintain DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- • Must have a clean driving record
- • Must submit to pre-employment and random DOT drug and/or alcohol screening
- • Must be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches and job sites as required.
- • Must obtain forklift certification
- • Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required
About The S. G. Torrice Company
The S. G. Torrice Company is a full service distributor of heating and cooling equipment and parts. With eight warehouses in operation in several locations across MA including Wilmington, Peabody, Franklin, Hyannis, Randolph, as well as Hudson, NH, Portsmouth NH and Providence, RI, the company features an Indoor Air Quality division that specializes in both residential and commercial IAQ products. In addition to it’s warehouses, S. G. Torrice operates a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at their Wilmington location which features the latest in technology, enabling them to meet all of their customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S.G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S.G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.