Truck Driver – Part Time
Truck Driver – Part Time
S. G. Torrice Company
S. G. Torrice is currently seeking a Counter Sales Representative to join their team in Wilmington. This position is primarily responsible for swapping loaded transfer trailers between Industrial Way and Mansfield branches at night. Approximately 20-25 hours per week.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIESM/strong>
Truck drivers represent the company and are expected to drive responsibly and courteously.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following, at the discretion of management:
- • Maintains truck mileage and repair log.
- • Performs routine check of truck for safety daily.
- • Safely hooks up and unhooks at both locations.
- • Ensures that trailers are left at correct doors (as designated by the local branch manager).
- • Assist with loading of trailers if required.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
- • No prior experience or training required.
- • Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be fluent in English.
- • Basic mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- • Basic reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions. Must be able to read and understand maps and written directions.
- • Basic computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, Eclipse.
- • Must be authorized to work in the United States and maintain a valid CDL-A license.
- • Must maintain DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- • Must have a clean driving record.
- • Must submit to pre-employment and random DOT drug and/or alcohol screening.
- • Must be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches and job sites as required.
- • Must obtain forklift certification
ABOUT S. G. TORRICE
The S. G. Torrice Company is a full-service distributor of heating and cooling equipment and parts. With nine warehouses in operation in several locations across MA including Boston, Wilmington, Peabody, Franklin, Hyannis, Randolph, as well as Hudson, NH, Portsmouth, NH and Providence, RI, the company features an Indoor Air Quality division that specializes in both residential and commercial IAQ products. In addition to its warehouses, S. G. Torrice operates a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at their Wilmington location which features the latest in technology, enabling them to meet all of their customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S. G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S. G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S. G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.