Warehouse Associate & Truck Driver – Westbrook, ME Branch
Warehouse Associate & Truck Driver
This position is primarily responsible for receiving incoming shipments, putting away incoming shipments, and general housekeeping. This position is also responsible for delivering customer orders in a timely, accurate fashion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Unloads incoming vendor shipments and branch transfers. Notes damages, shortages, and discrepancies.
• Checks incoming shipments against packing slips to assure shipment accuracy.
• Puts stock away.
• Maintains warehouse in a clean, neat, and safe condition
• Performs basic cleaning/maintenance/fabrication tasks such as: cleaning warehouse, shoveling snow, stocking counter shelves, repairing damaged equipment, fabrication of filters and sheet metal fittings as needed.
• Assists in physical inventories
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Assists with counter sales.
• Picks orders for delivery and branch transfers as necessary.
• Makes local deliveries as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• No prior experience or training required.
• Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be fluent in English.
• Basic mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Basic reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
• Basic computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, eClipse, and American Standard parts lookup software
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches and job sites as required.
• Must obtain forklift certification
• Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Customer Service Skills: Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service/assistance, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, solicits customer feedback to improve service, meets commitments.
• Analytical/Problem Solving Skills: Able to comprehend diverse information and use intuition and experience to interpret data and generate creative solutions. Demonstrates attention to detail. Resolves problems in a timely fashion; develops alternative solutions, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics/customers.
• Interpersonal/Oral Communication Skills: Listens without interruption, focuses on solving conflict not blaming, maintains confidentiality (i.e., pulls customer aside to discuss credit issues privately). Speaks clearly, gets clarification when needed, responds well to questions.
• Teamwork/Organizational Support/Professionalism: Balances team and individual responsibilities, open to other’s views, welcomes feedback, supports other employees’ and company’s efforts to succeed; follows company policies, competes organizational tasks on time, supports company’s goals as stated in company vision statement, adheres to company safety policies, approaches others tactfully, treats others respectfully, dresses professionally, treats company property respectfully.
• Appropriate Quality/Quantity of Work: Demonstrates accuracy, monitors own work to ensure quality, completes work in a timely manner.
Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, works with integrity, inspires trust of others.
ABOUT S.G. TORRICE
The S. G. Torrice Company is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with eleven locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S.G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S.G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.