Warehouse Receiver – Wilmington, MA Branch
The warehouse receiver is responsible for the safe, timely, and accurate receipt of items ordered and placed in specified areas of the warehouse. Warehouse receivers unload large trucks, check their contents to ensure they match the orders, and put the material away in the appropriate locations throughout the warehouse. Candidates should be extremely detail oriented and possess basic math skills. It is also expected that warehouse receivers have adequate physical strength to successfully unload shipments. Typical hours for this role are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, with occasional overtime available.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Collaborate with Warehouse Management to receive expected deliveries
• Receive shipments, confirm contents and sign paperwork upon receipt
• Unload packages from incoming trucks
• Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
• Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, etc.)
• Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
• Maintain returns on required product
• Put away received shipments in the appropriate warehouse locations
• Discard waste and packing material
• Assist Management and others when needed
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Previous warehouse experience as receiving clerk or similar position desired
• Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be fluent in English.Forklift experience preferred, or must be willing to undergo training for Forklift Certification
• Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
• Strong understanding of health and safety regulations
• Basic math and recording abilities
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required
ABOUT S.G. TORRICE
S. G. Torrice is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with 12 locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S. G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S. G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.