Warehouse Supervisor – Wilmington, MA Branch
Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
This position is primarily responsible for leading, directing, and supervising the activities of 2nd shift personnel to ensure that our trucks are loaded completely and accurately for the next day’s deliveries and transfers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Oversee picking and staging of customer orders and branch transfers scheduled to be shipped on our trucks
• Personally check all picked orders for accuracy; correct orders and shipping paperwork as necessary
• Ensure that all product is packaged (palletized where practical, boxed, taped, shrink wrapped, etc.) to eliminate damage in shipment
• Ensure that all orders are properly and clearly labeled for the appropriate customer/branch
• Obtain items needed to complete customer orders from other branches, and clearly mark drivers’ paperwork indicating that additional items will need to be added
• Supervise, and assist in, the loading of company delivery trucks; ensure that products are secure and will not be damaged in transit
• Ensure that stops are ordered as directed by the Wilmington general manager
• Ensure that drivers’ paperwork is complete and orderly
• Ensure that copies of branch transfer packing lists are faxed to the appropriate branch prior to departure
• Assist with the picking of customer orders and branch transfer orders as necessary
• After the loading of the trucks is complete (if time permits):
– Pull orders for pick up the following day
– Put away any incoming stock/customer returns
– Restock and organize showroom area
• Conduct inventory cycle counts
• Ensure that building is secure at departure
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Must have at least 1-2 years of experience in a comparable position
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to maintain a clean organized work environment
• Prior supervisor experience preferred
• Strong computer skills; must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, eClipse
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Must obtain forklift certification
ABOUT S.G. TORRICE
S. G. Torrice is a full-service HVAC distributor of heating and cooling equipment, parts and accessories in the New England region with 12 locations. Our staff specialize in residential, commercial and IAQ applications, plus we have a full parts and service department. Our warehouses hold an extensive selection of air conditioning and heating equipment, parts, filters and supplies for the convenience of our dealers. We also operate a 25,000 square foot state-of-the art sheet metal shop at our Wilmington location featuring the latest in technology, enabling us to meet all of our customers’ customized sheet metal needs.
S.G. Torrice has always recognized that outstanding people are the key to their success and they are dedicated to providing a rewarding and respectful workplace. It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become their customers’ supplier of choice, their vendors’ distributor of choice, and their employees’ employer of choice. To deliver on this mission, the company has identified five principles of performance – “Respect”, “Whatever It Takes Attitude”, “Attention to Detail”, “Continuous State of Self-Improvement”, and a “Sense of Urgency”, that they consider to be essential attributes to a successful organization.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
S. G. Torrice Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will S. G. Torrice Company discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.