The Samuel G. Torrice Award
Samuel G. Torrice Award
Each year, the S. G. Torrice company awards one employee the Samuel G. Torrice award. This award is voted on by our company’s employees and recognizes the one member of our team that exemplifies our core values in their day-to-day work. These “Principles” reflect what our founder, Sam had in mind when he started this Company in 1958.
It is the mission of S. G. Torrice to become our customers’ supplier of choice, our vendors’ distributor of choice, and our employees’ employer of choice. We will provide a level of service exceeding the expectations of our customers and the companies we represent. Each day, we will make every effort to add value and fulfill the needs of our customers, vendors, and employees. Our past winners are:
2017: Don Garside, Inside Sales Manager
2016: Chad Stanley, Wilmington Branch Manager
2015: John Murphy, Hudson Branch Manager
2014: Steve Noonan, Franklin Branch Manager
Our Core Values
To deliver on this mission the Company has identified five Core Values (Principles of Performance). Each employee is expected to commit to the following principles for the good of the Company and themselves:
- I will have the utmost respect for customers, vendors, and fellow employees, understanding that a single action on my part reflects upon and determines the impression of the entire Company.
- I will present a “whatever it takes attitude” and approach in satisfying our customers’ needs. I will exhaust every possible avenue of opportunity when working to satisfy a customer’s needs.
- I will exercise my duties with an uncompromising attention to detail, knowing that our customers expect and deserve performance that is complete, accurate, and as specified.
- I will maintain a continuous state of self-improvement. I will assume the responsibility for learning our systems and procedures. I will avail myself of all resources which will help me gain knowledge of the products and services we offer, regardless of my department or job responsibilities. The better informed I am, the better prepared I will be to serve our customers and contribute to the success of the Company.
- I will approach all of my responsibilities with a sense of urgency. Nothing will be more important to me than the person I am helping, or the task I am engaged in.